Data we collect
We collect personal information from you, including your:
- email address.
How we collect your data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- sign up to use Formally
- sign up to our newsletter
- opt to use our servers to save form submission data
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
If you opt to use your own database to store the data you collect using a Formally form, we will not collect this data.
How we use your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- sign you up with a Formally account so you can use our services
- email you with updates on Formally and educational material about accessible, inclusive forms.
How we store your data
All data is hosted on Amazon’s AWS service, unless you choose to host your data storage elsewhere.
If you opt to send the data you collect using Formally to your own database, storing it securely is your responsibility.
In addition to our staff, we share this information with:
- Mailchimp, a third-party platform, in order to manage our newsletter subscriber lists. You can unsubscribe at any time, and this will remove you from our mailing list.
Cookies and Matomo Analytics
Formally uses third-party analytics and cookies to collect anonymous user data. This helps us understand how visitors engage with our website.
Matomo Analytics is a secure and private alternative to Google Analytics. It helps us keep the anonymous user data we collect safe.
For further information, visit https://matomo.org/.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- keeping you signed in
- understanding how you use our website
- improving our website (for example, identify and promote popular pages)
You can opt out of Matomo Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. You can also delete or block third-party cookies on your browser.
Your data, your rights
You have the right to ask for:
- a copy of any data we hold about you
- your data to be corrected if you think it is wrong
- us to delete your data.
Contact us about your data
If you would like to ask for a copy of your data, or to have it corrected or deleted, please contact us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +64 4 801 8205
- Postal address: Springload, PO Box 9382, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.