How we collect your data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- sign up to use Formally
- sign up to our newsletter
- opt to use Formally forms (via analytics and form submissions)
- use or view our website via your browser.
If a Formally user opts to use Formally with their own APIs or extensions (ie, data sovereignty) then Formally may not collect this data at all.
Forms can opt-in to analytics about form events. This behaviour is off by default. The form events are limited to:
- form focus
- page change
These events are associated with an anonymous session id that is randomly generated and contains no personally identifiable information. The session id is not stored in any way in cookies or sessionStorage/localStorage etc. Even multiple forms on the same page will have different session ids, and using a form twice will also have different session ids. The analytics API does not store any IP address, geolocation, or browser headers.
We believe this is a privacy respecting method of providing anonymised statistics. We welcome feedback on our approach.
How we use your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- sign you up with a Formally account so you can use our services
- Save form responses and analytics events
- email you with updates on Formally and educational material about accessible, inclusive forms.
How we store your data
All data is hosted on Amazon's AWS service, unless you choose to host your data storage elsewhere.
If you opt to send the data you collect using Formally to your own database, storing it securely is your responsibility.
In addition to our staff, we share this information with:
- Mailchimp, a third-party platform, in order to manage our newsletter subscriber lists. You can unsubscribe at any time, and this will remove you from our mailing list.
- Auth0 when signing up via that service.
Cookies and Matomo Analytics on GetFormally.com
GetFormally.com uses third-party analytics and cookies to collect anonymous user data. This helps us understand how visitors engage with our website.
Matomo Analytics is a secure and private alternative to Google Analytics. It helps us keep the anonymous user data we collect safe.
For further information, visit https://matomo.org/.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- keeping you signed in
- understanding how you use our website
- improving our website (for example, identify and promote popular pages)
You can opt out of Matomo Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. You can also delete or block third-party cookies on your browser.
Your data, your rights
You have the right to ask for:
- a copy of any data we hold about you
- your data to be corrected if you think it is wrong
- us to delete your data.
Contact us about your data
If you would like to ask for a copy of your data, or to have it corrected or deleted, please contact us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +64 4 801 8205
- Postal address: Springload, PO Box 9382, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.